Product Technology Manager Lead
Product Technology Manager Lead
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in systems design or coding in a general purpose programming language.
- Experience translating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical and executive audiences.
- MS in Computer Science or MBA, or equivalent experience with 5 years of hands-on experience in Internet products and technologies, with excellent written and oral business communication skills.
- 2 years of people management experience.
- Knowledge of publisher, advertising market or online ads landscape.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders; excellent relationship building, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Deep data analysis skills; ability to pull from many different data sources and then provide insights on that data.
- Aptitude for technical design; can pick up technical concepts quickly and learn when it is appropriate to apply them.
About the job Product Technology Manager Lead
Successful sales in today’s online advertising space require minds who can not only keep pace with rapid technological change, but stay one step ahead. The gTech Product and Tools Operations (gPTO) team at Google is made up of tech aficionados who plays a critical role in Google’s success, supporting sales teams, advertisers, publishers, and products that enhance business growth potential, while driving the strategy and technology behind the online advertising and platform products we offer, focusing on providing scalable product solutions and reliable information, based on consultative analysis and timely communications.
As a leader for a team of Product Technology Managers and Product Operations Managers, you will be coordinating our Product Excellence and Serviceability efforts in conjunction with the technical support and consulting teams, and other stakeholders, such as Product Management, Engineering, and Global Sales. From design and conceptualization through to early piloting and wide-scale deployment, you will oversee the technical execution and business operations of Google online advertising and platform products. You will be developing product and technical strategy as well as prioritize projects and resources that assist our account management teams and partners. Entrepreneurial and detail-oriented, you are motivated by bringing the right Google products and technologies to market and to our customers.
The gTech Product Operations team collaborates with Product Management, Engineering and Sales, to proactively improve the serviceability of products by evaluating product readiness, identifying product gaps, and consolidating product feedback. We are the single point of accountability within gTech to our product and sales counterparts for the success of the product lifecycle end to end.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
- Improve product feature offerings by providing partner feedback.
- Design effective launch programs with partners to ensure that new products and feature releases are tested before wide-scale deployment.
- Perform implementation reviews, advocate new product features, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of publisher integrations by providing necessary documentation and guidance.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and communicate with internal teams and external consumers, advertisers, and publishers to provide technical and business feedback as well as deliver technical solutions.