Resident Engineer (bridges)
Job ID: 402426
Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
• Act as, and to fulfill the duties of, the Engineer with regards to assigned duties and delegated authority and be directly responsible to the Employer during the construction of the Works.
• Monitor, observe and inspect the contractor’s construction activities.
• Issue orders/direction to the Contractor to correct any activities, work, materials and/or equipment which are not in compliance with the Contract.
• Direct, assist, monitor and manage the performance of the construction supervision team working on the the construction of the roadworks and associated works including the site engineers, the work inspectors and the surveyors.
• Provide assistance, information and advice to the Employer regarding the issuance of variations and adjustments to the settlement of the Contractor’s accounts.
• Provide recommendations to the Employer for contractor payments, claims and variation orders.
• Advise on contractual and construction matters regarding roadworks and associated works, utility diversions and installations, traffic diversions, road furniture, landscape and other related works.
• Review all fabrication/shop/working/as-built drawings, design proposals, method statements, material submissions, any requests for information relating to the roadworks and associated works.
• Maintain the Resident Engineers’ daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
• Generally supervise, review, monitor and report on progress of the works.
• Check and measure the performed work and record/report on actual vs. planned progress.
• Coordinate with Parsons’ design Engineers for resolution of related issues.
• Coordinate with the Contractor on scheduling and application of resources.
• Coordinate with Client/PMC, the Contractor and related concerned Authorities.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
• Liaise with all parties for site safety and quality of works.
• Submit reports to the Employer on any accidents or near misses that take place on site.
• Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the HSE regulations, and the Project Safety Representative.
• Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
• Convene and chair regular site meetings.
• Issue additional drawings etc. as required in coordination with the design office.
• Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals.
• Report back as necessary to the Project / Construction Director.
• Review Contractor’s Works’ Rate of Progress and accordingly issue the relevant correspondence.
• Lead the review of Contractor’s claims and liaise with authorities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering and minimum 15 years post graduate experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of major roads and bridges projects of complex nature.
• Should be able to review and justify the material submissions analyse laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s Specifications.
• Must have a sound knowledge about contractual relationships.
• Have a proactive and problem solving personality.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Ideally be fluent in English and Arabic, both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Civil Engineering|
|Company Industry:||General Engineering Consultancy|