Senior Food/Application Technologist (Bakery and Sweet Goods) for the Middle East – Givaudan Suisse SA (Dubai Branch)
Job ID: 402339
Senior Application Technologist (Bakery and Sweet Goods) for the Middle East – Dairy category is flexible/optional:
A Senior Application Technologist for our Flavours Creation and Application team in our Dubai office for Customers in the Middle East region, and to focus on our exciting Bakery and Sweet Goods categories – Your future position?
The Flavours Creation and Application (FC&A) organisation within Givaudan is at the forefront to discover and develop new innovative ingredients and flavours for all kinds of food application focussing on the Beverages, Sweet Goods & Dairy, Snacks, Bakery, Savoury, Natural, and other exciting categories. We are a truly global organisation consisting of multidisciplinary experts from science, creation, application, and sensory science.
Application Technologists in Givaudan are specialists whose primary goal is to support Customers with providing them with suitable flavours for their applications and guide Flavourist’s in the flavour development process in particular. To do so, Application Technologists analyse current flavour trends, forecast future trends, and assess consumer preferences and apply flavours to end applications.
We are currently looking to expand our FC&A team for the Middle East and looking to hire a ‘Senior Application Technologist’ to focus on the Bakery and Sweet Goods categories; Dairy is currently an optional and flexible category for this role and will be decided later on based on the experience and skillsets of the person who will be hired for this role. Reporting to the Flavours Technical Manager for the Middle East region and based in our Dubai office, you will be a key player in our FC&A team and will mainly be responsible for evaluating, developing, and applying flavours in food applications for Bakery and Sweet Goods applications and selecting the optimal flavours for Customer projects in the Middle East region focussing on markets like UAE, Saudi Arabia, the rest of the GCC, Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. You will contribute to our business growth by continuously demonstrating to our Customers in the Middle East the use and benefits of our flavours in Bakery & Sweet Goods applications. You will proactively and reactively work on internal and Customer briefs, but also come with proactive ideas that will help our Customers to bring consumer preferred and differentiating products to the market.
As a ‘Senior Application Technologist’ in Givaudan, you will be working for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day. Our passion for our Customers – the big food & beverage companies – and their brands brings a new dimension to our Business to Business industry. You will be working for the market leader that is at the forefront of innovation in an industry of emotions. We have a culture that works to inspire, challenge and capture the heart and soul of consumers and Customers. Our Customers in the Middle East region have local, regional, and international profiles, which brings diversity and curiosity to our day to day job.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if, like us, you always aim to exceed Customer needs, deliver value, are skilled at fostering strong relationships, have a passion for food technology, and have a highly discerning palate!
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for:
• Providing technical support for our Customers:
– Responsible for all technical communications with Customers in the Middle East region for Bakery and Sweet Goods applications, to contribute to winning briefs and successful delivery of projects.
– Develop concept presentations and present flavours and flavoured food products to Customers.
– Work with our Customer’s to optimise their recipes.
– Support our Customers in trial productions of new recipes or implementing solutions from Givaudan.
– Do Customer visits, presenting ready-to-consume products and to support with Customer trails.
• Evaluation, development, and selection of flavours:
– Apply and evaluate flavours for Bakery and Sweet Goods for relevant briefs.
– Proactively monitor flavour performance and stability.
– Select optimal flavours for projects according to all relevant requirements (taste profile, legislation, technical suitability, costs, etc.).
– Prepare state-of-the-art flavoured products and samples for Customer presentations and capability demonstrations
– Identify appropriate flavour delivery systems and technologies.
– Translate market trends into new product concepts and developments.
– Support in developing and implementing new Sweet Goods and Bakery technologies, by working with the wider teams and Innovation Centres within the Middle East region and the wider Givaudan.
– Support marketing initiatives, train our commercial force, and Customers on our new capabilities.
• Knowledge sharing and expertise:
– Serve as a technical expert and advisor to marketing, sales, flavour creation, and Customers for Bakery and Sweet Goods applications
– Establish and maintain effective relationships with our key Customer’s, and able to gain their trust and respect.
• Maintain systems:
– Actively maintain the flavour performance data for the flavour portfolio through evaluation in finished products and capture of profiles.
• Prioritise safety:
– Maintain a safe, clean, and organised lab environment in accordance with Givaudan safety policies and hold others accountable for following these guidelines.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world!
Your professional profile includes:
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or Food Technology.
• Have a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant application or product development work experience focussing mainly on the Bakery category, in a food/flavour applications lab, R&D, innovation, or production facility/environment with a Flavour house or FMCG or a reputed company in the food ingredients sector. Working knowledge of additional categories like Sweet Goods and Dairy will be advantageous.
• Have a strong passion and interest in new flavours, foods, and well-developed tasting skills.
• Good knowledge and understanding of most food applications, ingredients, and processes with practical experience in Customers’ food manufacturing environment.
• Basic understanding of many of the flavour reactions/interactions in common food products and the ability to recommend flavour modifications based on performance.
• Have excellent project management skills and able to manage complex development projects and briefs.
• Ability to translate market trends into innovative products for key Customers.
• Strong oral and written proficiency in the English language. Proficiency in additional languages like Arabic and/or French will be advantageous, but not mandatory.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• An international mindset and a team player.
• Able and willing to travel to support Customers in the Middle East region, including Pakistan, when required (~10-20% of the time).
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Research and Development|
|Company Industry:||FMCG; Food & Beverage Production; Chemicals Manufacture|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|