Student Counselor – City University College of Ajman
Job ID: 402611
Job Description- Student Affairs Manager/ Counselor
Student Counselors prepare students for success by guiding them through a variety of issues and tasks ranging from behavioral issues to career preparation. The suitable candidate should have a master’s degree in Psychology, extensive supervisory experience and the following skills:
· Counseling – effective counseling skills are vital in this role. Student Counselors should be able to confidently provide advice and guidance while creating a space where students can express themselves honestly. Consult with parents regarding educational, social and vocational needs of their students. Facilitate student/ teacher/ counselor/ parent conferences regarding student’s educational progress and future educational and vocational goals.
· Maintain up-to-date Dossier- Student Counsellor shall ensure to maintain up-to-date dossier of the student and keep it utmost confidential to preserve privacy of the student.
· Development expertise – counselors work with students and staff of all ages, providing clarity and knowledge of their different needs at every stage of their college life
· Communication skills – student counselors need excellent communication skills, including the ability to actively listen to a student’s thoughts, feelings, and concerns, and provide helpful advice. Editing college counseling materials/handouts/Internet resources
· Patience and compassion – this role requires high levels of patience and compassion, since student counselors assist students dealing with a range of academic, emotional, social, and behavioral issues
· Attention to detail – student counselors should also possess a high level of attention to detail to successfully guide students and understand their goals and concerns during a counseling session
· Collaboration – student counselors work with students, faculty, and guardians to guide students toward success, while respecting privacy guidelines of the college.
· All other admin tasks assigned by President or Head of the Department.
-Bilingual candidate (Arabic and English Speaker)
– Education background is a must (Universities or Schools)
– Master in psychology
– Able to relocate to UAE (Ajman)
– Can work on split shifts bases (Morning and Evening hours)
– English language fluency is a must
– Excellent communication,interpersonal Skills,Strong decision-making skills,Counseling,Child development expertise,Communication skills,Patience and compassion,Attention to detail and Collaboration
– Only Masters in psychology holders can apply.
|Job Location:||Ajman, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Primary, Prep, & Secondary School|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Nationality:||United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen|