Writing SEO Compatible Articles In 5 Steps
When performing a search query on any topic on Google, the first-click-through rate in organic search results is around 33%, while this rate is around 17% for a second-place website . This rate decreases further as we go down in range.
Increasing the highest search engine rankings to make a difference in SEO and SEO-friendly article writing makes it all the more important.
What will you learn in this article? In this article, you will see the clues to the points you pay attention to while preparing content and that you can prepare an SEO compliant article.
What is an SEO Compatible Article?
Content must be user-oriented. Although the algorithms of search engines change from time to time. The importance of the steps to follow about SEO differs from the order of importance.
It is important to remember that the main objective of search engines is to benefit the user. For this reason, prepared content should be profit oriented and help the user by adding value.
Know the target audience of the user. If you know what the user wants, what he / she might be looking for in that article, if you know your target audience and try to satisfy the needs of this audience instead of filling your article with keywords, you may be taking the most important thing step to prepare an SEO compliant article.
What Are SEO Compliant Article Writing Tips?
1) Step One: Choose and get to know your target audience
If you need to determine your target audience when setting up a business, you need to know who you’re targeting when you start writing SEO-friendly articles. At this point, you need to decide who you want to read your articles to.
The most important step after choosing your target audience is to meet this audience. There are two important questions to do this:
- What does your target audience want?
- What are they looking for on the Internet?
Know what they want. The people you are addressing may want advice on the topic you are writing about. You may be looking for a different perspective or a solution to a problem. Knowing what your users want supports you in keyword selection and allows you to see what you need to address. When writing your article.
Another advantage of knowing your target audience is that it gives you an idea of what language to use in the article you prepared. In Article I, you, we, may prefer different directions like you; you can
choose a professional or friendly language. In this way, you can decide to use various images, such as photos, graphics, videos, or gifs.
Do small surveys. You can use surveys like Google Forms to better understand users and create more useful content for them. Based on the answers, you can choose more correct keywords and consider these answers when determining the topics of your articles.
2) Second Step: Use the titles and subtitles.
The titles and subtitles will make it easier for users to understand the topics included in the article, as well as giving them a quick look.
For example; Let’s say you wrote a 1,500-word article about flu illness. In this article, you may have written the factors that caused the disease. Symptoms of the disease and what was good for the flu. At this point, there are two different scenarios:
• If you don’t use enough subtitles in your article, reading this long content will be very exhausting for your user. You can even have it go back and open another page immediately after clicking on the page.
• If you have used enough subtitles in your article. It will facilitate its user to read the article. Apart from this, if the main access to the page is only to know the symptoms of the disease. You can easily find the relevant section and then exit the page with pleasure.
Other points you should keep in mind are the following:
- Start the title with the keyword.
- Note that the keyword should not receive any additional.
- Use tags like H1, H2, H3 for titles.
- Be careful not to exceed 60 characters in the main title.
- Don’t make your titles too short or too long.
When you pay attention to these points, you benefit the user and give search engine robots the opportunity to make sense of your content more easily.
3) Step Three: Pay attention to keyword selection.
If you don’t get professional SEO support, you should be very careful when choosing keywords. Because investing in the wrong keywords can waste time and money.
Before you start writing articles on any topic, you must determine the keywords related to the topic you have chosen. For this Ahrefs,
You can take advantage of tools like Google Trends or the Keyword Tool.
The issues to be careful about when using the keyword are:
• Don’t use too much or too little keywords in the article. The ideal keyword density should be between 2.5-3%.
• Remember that keywords should not be additional. For example; If your keyword is “digital marketing”, you cannot use it as “digital marketing” or “digital marketing”.
• The keywords must be distributed evenly in the article.
• Remember to use the keyword in the title, URL and meta description.
Paying attention to these keyword-related issues helps make your article SEO friendly.
4) Step Four: Give importance to the use of images.
In addition to making the content more beautiful. The images you use in your article, just like the titles. Divide the article by providing comfort to users and avoiding boredom by attracting their attention. Depending on the content of your article, you can use different types of images, such as photos, gifs, or videos.
The points to pay attention to when using images are the following:
• Use high-resolution, high-quality images.
• Name the images appropriately to prepare an SEO compliant article. Search engine robots cannot read images; but they can read the names you put in the files. For this reason, instead of calling an image “image1”, give it a name so that it is related to the topic you are writing. Please note that users sometimes only search for images.
• Please note that large files negatively affect the speed at which the page opens, and this is negatively reflected in SEO.
• Stock photos It may be your first choice because they are free or low cost. However, such photographs do not attract the attention of users because they give a boring impression.
It can be boring because they come across the same images on other pages. Instead of stock photos, you can use design tools like Canva or get the support of a professional designer.
Remember that when you pay attention to these image related issues, you will increase the possibility of sharing your article and you will be able to reach more people.
5) Step Five: Use content optimization tools.
By choosing a keyword before you start writing an article. By counting characters during the title creation phase, using SEO tools makes it easy to use plagiarism check after content preparation, as well as plagiarism check.
The following tool gives you great comfort during the writing phase:
- Google Trends: This tool helps you analyze the keyword you selected. When you search for a word, you can see how the search volume has changed over a certain period of time. Which regions have been searched the most, related topics and queries that have increased search volume.
Keyword Tool: Offering suggestions on keyword selection, this tool allows you to analyze a search in the language / region of your choice. In this way, you can see the keywords related to your query, the monthly search volumes of these words, how this volume changed within a year, the cost per click (CPC) and competitiveness.
- Small SEO Tools: This tool contains multiple analysis programs.
Keyword Density Checker: This program shows you how many times you use the word you copied, scanning the text you copied or the URL. In this way, you can avoid using some words too much or too little.
Plagiarism Checker: This program, which scans the text or URL you copied and compares it to articles on other pages, shows how original the article you have prepared is. Even in articles, you write to yourself without using any other font.
Plagiarism can occur at a small rate due to the similarity of the word order. Plagiarism Checker shows you which sentence you should replace in such a situation.
- WordCounter360: When you copy the text you type into this tool, it indicates how many words are in the article, the number of characters with and without spaces. Apart from this, it shows both the number and how many times the word is used.
As a result; “Content is king,” as Bill Gates said years ago. Content is very important to SEO. If you also pay attention to the tips above while preparing the content; You can detect your weak content.
Strengthen it and prepare SEO compatible articles. In this way, you can increase your number of leads by improving your position on the search engines.